Data Loss Prevention
With the ever increasing data breaches and insider threats that face companies on a daily basis, effectively leveraging Data Loss Prevention technologies can drastically reduce data loss risk. Implementing DLP technology is the initial step towards protecting a company’s most critical data. However, the initial phase is where most companies get stuck and being unable to progress, the true value of a mature Data Loss Prevention program is lost.
Based on leading-edge best practices, Data Security Consulting provides a repeatable mature method of properly protecting a company’s sensitive data and integrating fully in the security ecosystem ensuring that DLP does not operate in a silo fashion.
We start with a health check assessment, identify critical areas of improvement, and provide a methodical action plan to ensure the growth and maturity of DLP into a world-class program.
Health Check Assessment
- Comprehensive assessment of current state people, process, and technology of Data Loss Prevention
- DLP Program Maturity Scoring:
- Identifying and protecting critical organization data
- DLP Policy Maturity and Lifecycle
- Incident Remediation Workflow
- Business integration with key stakeholders
- Organizational Communication
- Technical Presence: Review the effectiveness of technology implemented and coverage across the environment
- Design a reporting strategy to meet the objectives of the business stakeholders.
- Define processes for policy creation and modification
- Design policy lifecycle including policy tracking, refinement, and review cycles
- Design incident response training
- Design employee communication strategy and a security awareness training opportunities